CrystalConf 2023 Call for Presentations
October 23 and 24, 2023
Crystal is now in its 1.9.2 version and with a global community and contributions from people worldwide, Crystal has achieved a strong space in the programming world. To celebrate Crystal’s journey, we are inviting users, developers, and contributors in general of our beloved language to present a talk at CrystalConf 2023.
Dates to remember:
- Abstract submission deadline: September 8, 2023 (AoE)
- Decision date: September 15, 2023
Dates are set to help presenters prepare for the trip, but if you need more time to submit, please let us know.
We aim to make this a physical conference, hence we would like to encourage speakers to submit talks with the willingness to travel to the conference location. This said, depending on schedule and technical availability, we might accept some talks to be presented online or pre-recorded.
Talks will have between 20 and 30 minutes, according to schedule availability. We accept also other formats (tutorial, workshop, extended talk). If you have special needs, please say so in the Notes section of the form.
Submissions are registered through the submission page. Abstracts have a non-hard limit of 300 words, and can be written using basic markdown format.
Any audience can be the objective of a proposal, but we encourage presenters to start from a beginner point of view. We are pleased to assist new speakers with their presentations.
We are currently constructing the site, but when writing, presenting, or attending mind the Crystal Conference Code of Conduct from the past conference.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of topics. If in doubt, contact the organizers (see below).
- Experience reports using Crystal
- Presentation of useful shards
- Language proposals
- Particular findings of the compiler (performance tricks, typing, macros, etc.)
- Benchmarks and/or respectful comparisons to other languages
You can check the previous conference to get a feel of what presenting at this conference looks like.
- Submit your paper through the link below. When submitting, request you to mention whether you would be attending the conference in person or online.
- You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that we’ve received your application.
- We’ll reach out to let you know if your application was successful on or before September 15, 2023.
We look forward to seeing you at CrystalConf 2023.
This Call for Papers closed on 2023-09-20 23:59 (Europe/Berlin).