DevConf.cz 2024 Call for Proposals
- CfP opens: December 14, 2023
- CfP closes: March 3 March 10, 2024
- CfP notifications: April 8-14, 2024
- Schedule and registration: April 22-28, 2024
- Event dates: June 13-15, 2024
DevConf.cz offers speaker sponsorship that covers accepted speakers' accommodation in our partner hotels for up to 3 nights during the conference. We do not cover travel expenses. To apply for speaker sponsorship, speakers should indicate they require accommodation after receiving their acceptance letters.
In an effort to create a more diverse and inclusive event, Red Hat is delighted to be able to offer scholarships for speaking or attending DevConf.cz. As DevConf.cz is the DevConf for the Europe, Middle East, and Africa region, these scholarships are only available to people from these locations. The scholarships aim to support students and people relatively new or returning to full-time work in technology, who don’t work at Red Hat and whose employer cannot cover their travel expenses. Fill out the application form and read more details in our FAQ.
Visa invitation letters
We can provide a visa invitation letter to accepted speakers and registered attendees. Please fill out the form to request a visa invitation letter.
If you need the visa invitation letter before our acceptance letters are sent out or before registration opens, specify the reason in the ‘Additional Information’ section of the form.
While developing your proposal, consider the following:
- All material should be presented in English
- You can submit more than one proposal
- You can edit your proposal(s) after submission (until the CfP Closes)
- Submissions don't need to include completed slides
Make sure the submission is relevant to the DevConf.cz audience:
- Is the content original or the way the content is presented original? Avoid overview sessions. Focus on technical, community project-oriented content. Talks with a lot of audience interactions and demos are encouraged.
- If the session focuses on a product, is it about technical aspects? Avoid all marketing and sales presentations, product pitches are received poorly.
- Does the talk cover new/planned work and ideas or does it review previous work? New and upcoming work generally increases the chance of acceptance. We'd like to see emerging topics that might hit engineering in 1-2 years.
Before hitting enter, ask yourself:
- Does the content match the level of difficulty and the duration?
- If you were to attend your talk, would you feel excited?
- Why should people attend your talk instead of another session?
- What would the audience gain from your talk?
Check out our FAQ to learn more about session formats and frequently asked speaker questions.
You can enter proposals until 2024-03-10 23:59 (Europe/Prague), 5 days, 12 hours from now.