2021-07-30, 13:30–13:40 (UTC), Blue
Actors implements the Actor Model of concurrent computation. Actors
- interact via messages,
- represent computations and
- can create other actors.
Programmers can use actors to
- model computational concepts: e.g. atomic blocks, event handlers, state machines,
- implement concurrent objects such as servers, supervisors, firewalls and to
- compose them into an application.
Actors allows to write fault-tolerant Julia applications and make concurrency easier to understand.
Give an overview of
Actors' philosophy and functionality and how it integrates into Julia's multi-threading and distributed computing.
Demonstrate how to
spawnactors with arbitrary Julia functions as behaviors,
sendthem messages and get back results,
- make them interact,
supervisethem and to
- integrate them with tasks and distributed processes.
Profession: Mechanical engineer
Location: Germany, Landshut