Call for Proposals
Welcome! We are so excited you’re considering proposing a session for MozFest 2022! Below you’ll find all the info you need to propose a session.
Our 2022 virtual event will open on 7 March 2022 for 4 days of online sessions on the festival plaza. A global, rolling schedule has been designed for you to pick and choose when you can participate in sessions, join social moments, enjoy interviews live from The Studio, or watch on-demand talks and discussions at your own pace.
Learn more about MozFest, the session curation process, and how to design a participatory session in this comprehensive Call for Proposals Guide. If you're not quite ready to submit a proposal yet, learn more about the support we have throughout the Call for Proposals on the Support page on our website.
We welcome sessions on a wide range of topics relevant to trustworthy AI and the internet health movement, but all sessions must be participatory, accessible, and inclusive. You are welcome to submit more than one session proposal.
- A participatory session engages and activates audience members from the start and gets them making and doing, rather than listening and watching.
- An accessible session makes it possible for the highest number of people with different needs to participate.
- An inclusive session welcomes participants of different ages, experiences, and disciplines.
- Art and Media: (No Time Limit) Includes art exhibits, interactive & immersive media, film & video, game or podcasts.
- Social Moments: (No Time Limit) Sessions focused on bringing the MozFest community together in a social format. This could include a meetup, yoga session, baking classes or a games evening.
- Discussions: (60 minutes) Sessions that hold space for building shared understanding, the open exchange of knowledge, or surfacing collective vision to collaboratively develop new ideas among facilitators and participants.
- Skill Shares/Lightning Talks: (7 minutes) Pre-recorded learning sessions or lightning talks focused on sharing skill, research or methodology.
- Workshops: (60 or 90 minutes) Sessions that hold space for participants to collaborate on specific outputs like code, steps in a project, or collectively solving a problem. In Workshop sessions participants should be producing something together and making or creating an output.
Spaces at MozFest
In the proposal form when choosing your space, you can click the info button to read all the space narratives. Additional information about each Space, and the Wranglers curating them can be found in the Spaces Narratives page on our website.
Submitting a Proposal
Anyone may submit a session proposal for MozFest 2021. You don’t need any particular level of expertise to facilitate a session, as long as you have a great project, idea, or topic. However, if you are under the age of 18 (or the age of majority where you live, if older) your parent or guardian must complete the form for you.
More information about the Call for Proposals and answers to frequently asked questions can be found on the MozFest website.
You can enter proposals until 2021-11-06 08:00 (Europe/Amsterdam), 2 weeks, 4 days from now.