PyConLT 2020 Call for Speakers
Conference Dates: 22-24 May 2020
Presentation content can be suitable for attendees of novice, intermediate or advanced level.
Talks will run 30-45 minutes and hands-on tutorials will run 90 minutes.
Confirmed speakers receive a free ticket to attend the conference.
Travel expenses. There is a budget dedicated for speakers to travel. Please answer if you require financial assistance.
Your submission should provide this information for conference attendees and the review committee:
- What problem is your talk addressing (are you talking about a well known problem or have you found something new during a project)
- Why is the problem relevant to the audience
- What is (are) your solution(s) to the problem, or are you simply pointing out the fact there is an issue we should be aware of (this is also extremely useful)
- What are the main takeaways from your talk. For tutorial submission this is extremely important, please specify what people will have learned at the end of the tutorial session.
Examples of successful submissions:
- Irina Vidal Migallon https://pydata.org/berlin2017/schedule/presentation/43/
- Matti Lyra https://pydata.org/berlin2017/schedule/presentation/54/
- Trent McConaghy https://pydata.org/berlin2017/schedule/presentation/28/
- After you submit a talk proposal, the conference committee will review the proposals and communicate any needed feedback or improvements.
As a reminder, PyConLT and PyData presentations are intended to share knowledge and experience. For this reason we strongly ask our speakers not to give talks which are meant for sales or advertising your own commercial software. It's encouraged to talk about your own Open Source projects. We also kindly ask to use Open Source software in your examples. Ideally, the audience would have access to the necessary tools to reproduce the results of the talk. Also, we welcome talks focused on your own practical application of tools and concepts either at work or in your free time, but discourage sales oriented proposals whose sole aim is to sell a product.
You can enter submissions until 2020-03-31 23:13 (Europe/Vilnius), 1 month from now.