10-30, 12:00–12:55 (UTC), Room 3
Wikimedia Deutschland wants to make a step towards creating a collaboration with a movement partner for a common software development infrastructure for Wikidata. With this we want to breathe life into the movement recommendations of increasing the sustainability of our movement, invest in skill and leadership development and empower local communities.
Since language and its use is a highly localized concept we believe that capacity
building both for the communities and the partner and growing the contributor base to our software products is best placed with partners in those local contexts. For us this means that the lexicographical part of Wikidata that has been introduced in 2018 and that we see as an important means to digital language equality for underrepresented languages is a good place to start finding new pathways of software collaboration.
Questions we want to discuss with the Wikidata community:
* What do we have to consider when building sustainable software development partnerships/ software hubs for lexicographical data from your perspective? What criteria do you think should drive such a decision?
* Mapping suitable groups or affiliates for the partnership: How to find and reach out to groups interested in partnering in this project? What does it need to be a partner in a shared software development environment?
- Participants can give their view on a shared software development infrastructure for Wikidata/ Wikibase
- Participants will be able to provide input for a future software development partnership on Wikidata and lexicographical data
- Participants can give suggestions for possible partners (or indicate their own interest)
YesLink to notes –
I'm Maria and I have been with Wikimedia Deutschland since 2016. Most of this time I have spent with the volunteer support team, working together with volunteers from the German speaking community and making their ideas reality. I am currently working with the product team of the Software Department at Wikimedia Deutschland. My main responsibility is managing 3rd party funded projects that Wikimedia Deutschland is part of.