Releasing pretalx v0.2!Dec. 1, 2017
pretalx has just reached its second release – in the month since the first release, we have been busy and introduced a range of new features (and fixed a few bugs). We want to thank all our contributors, especially our first-time contributor Jahongir Rahmonov.
We have one breaking change – the default SSL setting for the connection to the email server is no
permits the default configuration of
localhost:25 to work on more machines. Currently active settings will not
be changed, this change will impact new instances and new events.
The new release comes with a huge amount of features.
- E-mails are now sent with a multipart/HTML attachment, using the event's chosen primary color.
- You can now choose to hide the public schedule (including talk pages and speaker pages, but excluding feedback pages and the schedule.xml export).
- You can now ask questions that take an uploaded file as an answer (great for documents like a CV, or presentations, or papers).
- Speakers can now upload files which will be shown on their talk page.
- The review interface has been rewritten to include fewer pages with more information relevant to the user, dependent on event stages and their role in the event.
- pretalx can now be configured to run with celery (an asynchronous task scheduler) for long running tasks and tasks like email sending. A new config section was added, and usage has been documented.
rebuildcommand was introduced that recompiles all static assets.
- Question answers now receive a nice evaluation, aggregating all given answers into statistics.
- Questions may now be marked as 'answers contain personal data'. Answers of these questions are deleted when users delete their accounts, granting speakers more agency over their personal data.
- We moved to a new permission system that allows for more flexible roles. Please report any bugs that may relate to incorrect permissions.
- You can now configure a custom domain to use with your event, in case you have an event specific domain for each of your events.
- You can assign "override votes" to reviewers, which function like vetos (both positive and negative), on an individual basis.
- A read only REST API was introduced (and documented, of course!). At the moment, it only supports resources for events and submissions.
- Our documentation has received some design work and a better structure.
Not all bugs are features, and we caught a variety of the non-feature kind.
- Mail template placeholders are now validated so that templates including invalid placeholders cannot be saved at all. (#215)
- pretalx crashed when an incorrect invite key was used, now it shows a 404 page.
- When building absolute URLs for exports, emails, and RSS feeds, 'localhost' was used instead of the actual configured URL.
- If an account was configured to be both an orga member and a reviewer, it encountered access rights issues.
- When removing the custom event color, and then adding it again, caching issues could be encountered.
- Inactive questions (questions not shown to speakers) could not be edited.
- In some places, gravatar images of the visiting user were shown instead of the speaker.
- The event stage display could show several conflicting phases as active.
- The default submission type was not, in fact, suggested by default.